Additional Special Rules for Horses
To download a copy of the Special Rules and Regulations applying to Light Horse Section
(or scroll down the page to view)
- All entries to classes in which height restriction apply must be measured by the official measurer before entering the collecting ring, measuring will take place at the entrance to the collecting ring. Half an inch will be allowed for shoes and the official measurer’s decision will be final. Joint measurement scheme certificates will be accepted in all classes.
- Any rider in classes subject to restrictions as to age may be required to produce their birth certificate.
- Competitors wearing an incorrect number, or more than one number, in the judging ring are liable to disqualification.
- Rosettes may not be worn in the ring whilst judging is in progress.
- The committee wish to make it known that entries close, 12 noon Monday, 5th June 2017 for paper entries and Friday 16th June 2017 for online entries. The Show Manager has been given instructions that No 2 of the general rules must be rigidly adhered to and no entries are to be accepted for any classes, under any circumstances, unless accompanied by the requisite entry fee or fees.
- The attention of competitors and exhibitors is drawn to the general rules for the Show, especially Rule 26.
- Entries must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor.
- No nomination entries will be accepted.
- Light Horse exhibitors are not allowed to ride or lead horses in the Show Fields, except those going to or from the Judging Rings, but must use the exercise area provided. The committee reserves the right to order any horse, rider etc. from the Show Ground to the exercise area.
- Exhibitors entering more than one class must, if class times clash, decide which class they wish to attend
- All riders must wear protective headgear which complies with the relevant current British Standard. The Totnes Show Society recommends the wearing of protective headgear when leading any horse or pony on the showground.